Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media selections
In some rare instances, a show is authored on 1 Dual Layer DVD and a regular DVD for Disc 2.  Currently the only way to display this properly on the website is to select Dual layer DVD from the drop down and then go into the PHP admin to modify the database to add "& 1 DVD" to it.  For example: https://www.sjmike.com/modules/recording...tails=1986

I'd like to see that as an option for the drop down menu.
I'm thinking into adding more tables to the script since a lot of values are hardcoded. That's one of them. Let me see what I can cook up.
I've added a new menu for media format management. Can you please see if that's what you're after so that I can change the rest of the recordings module to use the new table?
Have you tested this sjmike? Can I close the issue?
I don't see the option to either manually add a different format or be able to select what I provided in the example.
I went to the Manage Media Formats page and added "1 Dual Layer DVD and 1 DVD" as a format.  I received message stating "A media format was successfully added to the database."  However, when I went to add a new video recording, the media format I created was not in the drop-down menu.
Thanks for the tip on where to look. I'm experiencing the same issue where it doesn't show up. I also deleted on the options from the Manage Media Formats (VCD), but that option still shows up in the drop down menu.
I'll look into it. I've been away since friday but I'm going to take a look at all things that are pending
The media format is progressing but it requires some core changes since now we have table relations (need to change several files). I'll update with more news soon
I've updated the test sites with the new media format modification. Please test and report any errors you find