Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band Names with Umlauts
I've come across an issue that exists on both the public site and the admin site.  For any band that has an umlaut in its name ([b]Queensrÿche, [/b]Mötley Crüe), I've come across a problem.  When I click on the band name on the band selection page in either the Audio or Video sections, it brings me to the page for that band and the message "There are no recordings to display."  The letter with the umlaut over it appears as a question mark inside a diamond.  So, there is no way to access or view any recordings I may have for these artists.
thanks for having this post this issue !
i think it can be extended to venue or city name too.

actually the issue is on the previous version of MHS but i didn't find the time to check it on the beta test atm so thank you
I can't replicate the issue. I've edited 2 concerts (one audo and one video) and was able to change the band name to Mötley Crüe and Queensrÿche. After that in the frontend I was able to browse them.

Going to check on the test site
So, a little more info on this issue. If I use the "Bootlegs" page instead of the "Audio" or "Video" page on the frontend, the shows appear after clicking on the name of the band. Everywhere else, "Audio" or "Video" pages on the frontend or admin sites, the band's pages are empty.
OK, it seems that the old data was inserted with a wrong page code (UTF-8). The data needs to be updated and so far I've updated the records for Queensrÿche and Mötley Crüe

If you try to insert a new band with umlauts, it should work as expected.
I've tried it too, everything works well except for the image name : Hrlement.png
The band is "Hürlement".
I didn't updated the images, let me check that also
Please check now. I don't have your images but nonetheless I've updated band, taper, track_listing, covers and screenshots
QR and MC have been fixed. It appears the problem extends to any value entered in with any type of accent (ex - São Paulo).
(18-09-2020, 09:47 PM)cfmoran13 Wrote: QR and MC have been fixed. It appears the problem extends to any value entered in with any type of accent (ex - São Paulo).

It does. The databases need to be converted. I'm more interested now into checking if you enter a new band, file, location with non UTF characters if it goes fine into the DB or if it stays with unreadable characters.